If you don’t have an About Us page that is your first mistake. Many believe this is one of the first pages people will look at. People want to know who you are and what your company is all about and this page is a way to connect on a somewhat personal level.
Your About Us page can connect with people in several ways.
So what do you include on this page?
1. Give your name and post a professional current photo of yourself sharing whatever information in your profile you feel will connect with a prospect. When they can put a face to a name it will be much easier to remember you.
2. Provide accurate contact information.
3. Provide a brief company description, how long you have been in business, and talk about your business philosophy.
4. Let them know how you can help. Provide content that tells them what you have to offer, why you are special and what value you can provide.
If you are a small lesser know business, customers may not want to take a chance on you without knowing what you are all about. Make the most of this page and market yourself!
Brand is the impression a customer has about a product or service. It is your company reputation!
Some believe a brand is a combination of logo, words, colors, personality, price, and service. A strong brand can influence your target market and may help entice others outside your target market.
Your brand should communicate to people what you stand for and highlight your uniqueness.
How you want your brand to be viewed by customers is up to you. A successful brand will bring loyalty. Here are 5 things a brand can do for your business.
Identify your business
Establish your reputation as an expert
Connect you and your target market
Make your business stand out from the competition
Clients play a big role in helping establish your brand. You need to go above and beyond so you have satisfied clients who are willing to vouch for your success. This will build credibility and brand.
Once you have a strong brand established, stick with it and continue to market your brand.
Whether it be a press release, webinar, social media, or whatever other channel you choose, you need to continue to put your name out there. Keep reaching out to clients and prospects and you can turn a great brand into a stellar brand.
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that gives detailed statistics and reports about the visits to your website. If you see you had a visitor to your website that spent 00:00 time on your site you are probably wondering how could that be possible?
The explanation is Google can only record a time stamp when a visitor goes to another page on your website from the landing page. If they don’t click on any other links or browse another page it will not record any time and this is considered a “bounce”.
So why does Google track that type of traffic? A possible reason is they want to keep track of non relevant traffic. In Google’s eyes if the visitor only browses one page even for a decent amount of time, that is not relevant traffic. A visitor looking at only one page is not finding what they are looking for and will not convert to a lead or sale.
The time on site metric is one of many that will help you with your SEO and paid campaigns.
Video engages people and after watching a good video of your product or service consumers might be persuaded to call or fill out a form. Using popular video-sharing websites can help a company lessen the technical burden and help mix video with social media marketing campaigns. Two popular video-sharing services are YouTube and Vimeo.
When using video include strong descriptions and keywords in the titles. It may also be beneficial to add text of the content posted. Combining video with well written content may jump start your SEO for 2013.
Video Marketing Can Help your website convert more visitors to clients.
We rang in the New Year, sang Auld Lang Syne. Will your business see growth in 2013? If you haven’t already done so you should be working on some of these marketing goals for 2013.
Google’s Panda Update in 2012 hit a lot of websites hard and a lot of businesses are still trying to recover. Some may not recover without a lot of work. In my reading, I came across these SEO strategies to incorporate for 2013.
1. Social Media and Mobile Marketing- This will not be going away. Expect to see an increased emphasis on mobile marketing during 2013. Every business should consider a mobile website as the majority of people are using smart phones. Being able to reach consumers on the go is a huge advantage.
2. Content- Focus on original and frequently updated valuable content so returning visitors can find something new to enjoy and learn from. This will keep your audience coming back. Infographics, (information presented in text and graphics) are popular. When people like these graphics they will share them and we all know sharing is good. Updated content can keep you a step ahead of the competition. Do not give your visitors a reason to doze with stale content. They will stop paying attention and so will the search engines.
3. When writing articles don’t add extra words to your articles to make them longer. A long article doesn’t make you a better expert especially if it is full of extra words that really aren’t needed.
4. When helping visitors with a question or problem show solutions in as many ways as possible. Video tutorials are very good for keeping the attention of your visitors. Graphics, infographics (mentioned above) and pictures also help.
5. Focus on high quality natural links for your website but don’t “buy” links or go overboard with reciprocal links. That can backfire.
6. If you have a blog keep it updated. Like your website, “stale” doesn’t look good in the eyes of search engines. So make an effort to write on a regular basis.
Set monthly goals and monitor your progress. See what’s working and what isn’t and make any necessary adjustments. Your marketing strategy should not only focus on sales but on you your entire business.
SEO is the acronym for Search Engine Optimization. Every website needs this as it is the proven way to help get your business found online in organic searches. It is just not enough to have a nice looking website and have it live on the internet. With SEO you get more visibility, which means more visitors and more prospects. If your competitors are spending time and money on SEO and you are not, you are going to get lost in the crowd.
If you ask different people what is the most important part of SEO you will get many different opinions. There is On page optimization which includes keywords, meta tags, page title, content, including text, video, and images. Off page optimization may include link building, press releases, directory submissions, forums and blogs. To make your site search engine friendly both of these techniques should be used. One thing is for certain. SEO along with social media will give you the best chance of increasing your exposure.
Link building is getting other websites to have a link to your website. This is a very important strategy in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and applies to a website or blog. It isn’t enough to get your website up live and hope someone finds you. You have to work to get traffic to your site. SEO link building can help do this for you. A lot of links on your site tells Google your website is a quality website with good content and helps with your page rank. The links however must be good quality links. A smaller amount of good quality links is better than a ton of low quality links.
Link building takes time and patience. There are many things you can do yourself to build links. Looking for something free to help you with link building? Jon Cooper an SEO consultant spent over 15 hours creating a very large, complete list of 200 link building strategies. He even categorized the strategies, gave them a time frame and a link value from low, to moderate, to high. http://pointblankseo.com/link-building-strategies For anyone who wants to try doing their own link building this is a valuable and free resource. Some strategies take a lot of time and others not so much. Using this resource to get good links and more traffic to your website means more money for you.
If this takes more time than you have or want to spend on the task, you can always pay someone to do it for you. Whichever way you chose this strategy should not be ignored.