Running a business in today’s economy on a good day can be a tiring and stressful venture. On a bad day it can be even harder. It’s easy to get overwhelmed if you don’t find ways to stay motivated. What motivates you? Is it just the fact that you love what you do? Do you read daily motivational quotes?
This question: How do you stay motivated everyday was asked of the community members on Manta.com. Here are some comments in response to that question. The number one answer seems to be
1. “Being my own boss motivates me.
2. “I look at my kids. That’s all the motivation I need.”
3. “I think of all the people whose lives will be positively impacted by what I do. How I can help the community.”
4. “I love what I do and am motivated by others who love what they do and are successful. “
5. “I read my mission statement which reminds me of my goals and purpose.”
6. “I attend motivational seminars or view podcasts.”
7. “I pray for guidance and encouragement.”
Whatever your motivation, each day is a new chance to get it right, to be stronger and better. Make sure you find your motivation and have the courage to continue. Yes, running a business can be a roller coaster but when the roller coaster goes down it has to go up again. That uphill ride can be exciting and rewarding so here is a quote to get you started.
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up ” Thomas Edison