If you are running a business, learning how to set business goals is important to your success.
Use the SMART process for creating goals.
Specify, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time
1. Set clear definable goals that are achievable and stick with them.
2. Write them down.
3. Don’t Procrastinate. Identify a specific goal, and with short term plans that are steps towards the larger goal, set a deadline to accomplish the goal.
4. Monitor and track your progress.
5. Use programs like Microsoft Excel to set up spreadsheets and keep track.
6. Reward those who have worked to achieve the goal. It could be a financial incentive, a day off or at least a sincere thank you.
Having goals and tracking your progress will give you a better chance of success.